We demanded the following, especially that Jindal Save Southeast Louisiana Hospital and end his School Voucher System.
- Louisiana opt in to federal Medicaid expansion.
- Keep Southeast Hospital open.
- Jindal and company restore recent funding cuts to higher education including UNO, SUNO, and Delgado budgets.
- Jindal and company restore recent funding cuts to public education and public healthcare.
- Jindal and company repeal the Louisiana Right to Work Law.
- Walker keep hands off workers’ rights to organize
Jindal was seen emerging from a vehicle but quickly ducked into the building, at which point those in the ballroom upstairs began photographing us. When we used the People's Mic to voice our concerns and demanded Jindal's recall, those inside the ballroom drew the curtains. They obviously heard us.
It rained throughout most of this event, but the rain did stop long enough for us to Chalkupy "Recall Jindal" on the sidewalk. Authorities photographed us but did not attempt to interrupt our protest.
Sign or start your own Recall Jindal petition at Recall Bobby Jindal Dot Com
Below is the footage from today's livestream. Thanks for streaming, small affair.
~ Occupy The Stage