For Justin Sipp, Wendell Allen, Trayvon Martin; for all those maimed or murdered by NOPD.
Occupy NOLA will participate in The Mothers March Against Injustice!
The Mother’s March Against Injustice, sponsored by United New Orleans Front, will begin at 12 noon on Saturday, May 12. Along with many others, members of Community United for Change, The United New Orleans Front and supporters of the families of Justin Sipp, Wendell Allen, and Trayvon Martin, we will meet at Congo Square and march to City Hall for a Mother’s Day Rally.
Why is our system so afraid to use it's own criminal justice system to put the shooters on trial in a public court to determine whether they're guilty of a crime or not?
Bring a picture of your loved one! Join our struggle!
- For Justin and Earl Sipp
- For Wendell Allen
- For Trayvon Martin
- For All Those Maimed And Murdered By The NOPD
- For All Victims Of Black On Black Murder
- For All Those Unjustly Incarcerated
The United New Orleans Front (UNOF) Mothers' March is being held to pay homage to great sacrifices and strength of African American women as they anchor our families amidst the perpetual attacks against the Black community, especially black males, in this racist, capitalist society. Far too many individual lives have been cut short by early death at the hands of our racist enemies or at the hands of this racist, capitalist systems created self hatred where young Black men wantonly murder each other at the drop of a hat. America has created a school to prison pipeline where this government refuses to provide a proper education for our youth; thus setting them up for failure and the racist, capitalist trap of incarceration, literally re- enslavement in the US prison system.
The Mother's Day March is also a Memorial Day March recognizing those who have lost their lives in this hellish existence that is forced upon the Black Nation as a whole but especially the Black working class. We will honor our dead brothers and sisters and those unjustly locked behind prison walls. We will cry out for justice – demanding that the US government acknowledge the historical and continuing injustices perpetrated on the oppressed Black Nation. We will also demand that the state of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans atone for both past and present oppression and exploitation.
We the grieving Mothers of New Orleans advance the following demands:
• We want justice for all murder victims
• We want the prison doors swung open for those unjustly incarcerated.
• We want an end to the pipeline to prison
• We want quality education for our children
• We want quality, supervised recreation for our children
• We want safe, decent, affordable housing for our families
• We want living wage, unionized jobs for New Orleans workers
• We want an end to domestic abuse
• We want quality, affordable childcare
• We want universal health care and a hospital in NO East
• We want a return to local control of our schools
• We want an end to police terror
• We want an end to US war in Afghanistan and around the world
• We want the Right to Self-Determination for the Oppressed Black Nation
Come join Occupy NOLA as we support this March and Rally 12 noon Saturday, May 12, 2012!
Meet in Congo Square (Armstrong Park) and march to City Hall. Sponsored by the United New Orleans Front.