Please find our current press release attached (also below). For inquiries about interviews, press photos, or more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 504-377-1331
Occupy New Orleans General Assembly
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Occupy NOLA will be holding a Rally for Transparency at University of New Orleans in response to the administration's decision to fire long-time key faculty members and put the University of New Orleans Press on hiatus. As tuition and class size increase and faculty and faculty jobs are cut, any new administrative positions should be made public. Please join in our support of faculty and students.
Date: August 8, 2012
Time: 9:45 am
Location: Meet at Building 12 Earl K. Long Library
Why: Demand President Fos reveal UNO budget cuts and all administrative salaries!
Occupy NOLA demands that the University of New Orleans:
- Publicize list of budget cuts
- Publicize all administrators' salaries to show that administration is bearing its proportion of the cuts
- Stop utilization of budge cuts for political ends
- Publicize a list of all new administrative positions (including salaries) created by President Fos
- Be more open and transparent with decisions that affect the low-residency MFA program and Creative Writing Workshops
Please see the notice on the Occupy The Stage website for details!
In Solidarity with students and teachers!
~ Occupy New Orleans General Assembly and Occupy The Stage