October 18 11 am - Join Us for A Global Day of Action To Reclaim Education
Thursday, October 18 11 am - 2pm New Orleans
Meet on Neutral Ground between Delgado & City Park (Marconi & City Park) http://goo.gl/maps/NtqI9
Unite in solidarity with students and workers of the word!
We are all struggling against cuts in education. Only by uniting globally will we be able to overcome these and enable free emancipatory education for all.
Because everyone must have access to education no matter their monetary or social status!See the Facebook Event for the Global Day of Action!
How to Get Involved!
- RSVP to our Facebook Event.
- Visit http://ism-global.net/call2action_GES for details about the Global Day of Action.
- Contact email@example.com to see how you can get involved in the local action.
- Organize! Learn more at the forum "The Budget, The University and The Student Debt" Tuesday, October 9 at 4pm University of New Orleans Room 129 Kirschman Hall RSVP to Facebook Event for October 9 forum
- Come to the Occupy NOLA GA - Tuesdays at 7 pm Occupy The Stage 2735c Toulouse and Saturdays Cafe Flora 4:30 pm
The Occupy NOLA GA endorsed The International Student Movement at the Tuesday September 18, 2012 G.A.
“The International Student Movement (ISM) is an independent communication platform for groups and activists around the world to exchange information, network and coordinate activities in our struggle against the increasing commercialisation of education and for free emancipatory education for all!”
Moreover Occupy NOLA will be conducting Outreach on local campuses. This Outreach will include (but will not be limited to) information about the following Events:
GLOBAL EDUCATION STRIKE Oct.18th & Nov.14-22nd 2012
We invited many members of Occupy NOLA to the Facebook event to the Global Education Strike. Please like the ISM Facebook page to stay updated.
Also, here are some great links to All In The Red and other organizations that help students organize.
Squarely In The Red
The Project on Student Debt
EDU Debtors Union