Show support for keeping The Music at Mimi's and other music venues! Show support for street musicians, DJs, and bands!
At 6:00pm Thursday, April 25th we will Second Line in the streets in support of New Orleans music and culture. Meet near Mickey Markey Park on the corner of Royal and Piety for a Second Line!
We'll parade down Royal, pass Mimi's, head over to St Roch Tavern, and return to Mimi's for a triumphant celebration.
Let's join together - musicians and community members - and celebrate NOLA's vibrant music scene.
- Because New Orleans citizens will not stand by and watch attempts to quiet New Orleans' vibrant music scene.
- Because we're tired of business closures and harassment from city government.
- Because we're tired of public space being taken from the people who use it most.
- Because we stand with artists, musicians, buskers who are being forced off the street and into starvation.
- Because the Je ne sais quoi of New Orleans will be packaged and incorporated if we don't!
We've seen the Landrieu administration's crack down on venues featuring live music and DJs. We've seen the absurd verdict handed down to St Roch Tavern by the Alcohol Beverage Control Board. We've seen permit-holding artists threatened to choose between arrest or their livelihood.
Now a group "HEAR THE MUSIC STOP THE NOISE" has targeted Mimi's!
Let's Second Line!
Wear costumes, bring an instrument, bring your band, bring your props, banners, flags, noise makers; bring your friends and lovers and kids, and dance in the streets for the love of NOLA culture.
Please share this far and wide!
RSVP on Facebook if you'd like.