Join OTS & Occupy NOLA when Obama Visits NOLA to "Occupy The Vote"
Here is what Occupy NOLA will be requesting from the President on his July 25th visit to New Orleans.
- Withdraw all U.S. troops from Afghanistan now!
- Stop privatization of civil services
- Reverse NDAA Issue an executive order directing federal authorities to not implement the police state measures of the recently passed NDAA law
- Overturn the Bill H.R.347
- Create a Massive Green Energy Infrastructure Project
- End drone killing and drone surveillance
- Stop the Keystone XL pipeline
- Issue an executive order preventing LA Governor Jindal and company from gutting medicaid and public hospital funding
- Stop the demolition of The Iberville Housing Development
- Create jobs for All
- Mass, direct-government employment program, now!
- Put all New Orleans teachers fired after Katrina back to work now! No more scabs for America's teachers
- End government support of for-profit education.
- Institute a Federal Public Works Program paid for by big oil companies including Shell and BP to clean up the Gulf of Mexico and restore the infrastructure of the Gulf.
Give President Obama a 99% UnWelcome: Meet 2pm Wednesday. June 25th to Chalkupy The Amphitheater across from Jackson Square (near the corner of Decatur and St. Ann).
Bring chalk, signs, pots and pans, chants, friends, and, most importantly, yourself.