New Orleans is going to be very occupied from June 19 - 21!
- The OTS warehouse will be used as a convergence space and will be hosting the Caravan Travelers. We are coordinating closely with Caravan organizers.
- The warehouse is located in the middle of New Orleans with plenty of parking. This warehouse is near the center of town and has a lot of available parking and bedroll space. It is also near a bus-line that goes directly to the French Quarter and downtown area.
- We have WiFi, a community kitchen, community library, and a shower and a list of Occupy NOLA residents who are happy to invite Caravan Travelers to Occupy their showers and pitch tents in their yards.
June 19 Occupy NOLA OTS Activities
- Caravan arrives in the evening.
- The Occupy NOLA General Assembly will meet at 7:30 per usual at the OTS Warehouse. The Playback Theatre Troupe will be kicking off the GA with an interactive "meet and greet" performance.
June 20 Occupy NOLA/ OTS Actions and Activities
- Flash Concert - 2pm /Location TBA
- "Rebel Without A (Single) Cause" March to follow Flash Concert
- Community Kitchen at OTS will be open throughout (volunteers needed)
- New Orleans Megaphonic Glee Club may be performing
- Solidarity Chalkupy - Let's Chalkupy the sidewalks
- 10 pm - Occupy The Stage’s Midsummer Night's Burlesque - Summer Solstice Performance on June 20. It will include burlesque troupe Rev. Spooky LeStrange & Her Billion Dollar Baby Dolls.
June 20 Louisiana Bucket Brigade Action
- Oil and Gas Lease Sale 9 am - 11 am on Wednesday, June 20th, in the St. Charles Room of the SuperDome.
If anyone is able to volunteer time in the community kitchen at OTS, can contribute to a potluck, or is interested in helping prepare for the Caravan's arrival please Contact Us ASAP or post on the wall of our Occupy Caravan Facebook Event.
All who are volunteering showers are welcome to swing by the warehouse the morning of the 20th (2735 c Toulouse) to give a few travelers a ride to occupy their showers. Also, anyone who would like to donate food or has questions can contact Justin at 504-400-2284.
If you know any people or organizations who would like to donate money to the community kitchen, Occupy The Stage can accept donations here: https://www.wepay.com/donations/61520
If anyone is interested in joining the Caravan in New Orleans and traveling with it on its Southern route and then to Philadelphia, it will be leaving on Thursday morning, June 21. Check their Facebook page for updates or check Caravan schedule.
The Caravan will leave on the morning of the 21st. One of their purposes is to gather up local riders and drivers as they head East, so round up some friends and a vehicle and jump on board!
It will take each and every one of us to make this celebration fabulous.
Please invite the wonderful community social justice workers you know, spread the word statewide, and show up with family and friends.
With Love and Solidarity,
Occupy The Stage